Position: Associate Professor, The Ukrainian Literature Department named after academician Mykhailo Vozniak
Scientific degree: Candidate of Philological Sciences
Academic status: Associate Professor
Phone (office): (032) 239-41-90
Google Scholar profile: scholar.google.com.ua
Facebook profile: www.facebook.com
- Halyna Kruk „War, as an existential crisis, gives birth to very bright manifestations of culture” // Chytomo, September 5, 2022
- Halyna Kruk “I wish that poetry could really kill”.The statement on Berlin Poetry Festival. // PEN Ukraine, June 20, 2022.
- A Humanitarian Aid Kit of War Songs // A reading and discussion with Ukrainian poets Iya Kiva and Halyna Kruk, moderated by Amelia Glaser. – May 20, 2022. – Harvard University, Davis Center.
- “War shortens the distance from person to person, from birth to death.” New Work by Ukrainian Poet Halyna Kruk. Translated by Amelia Glaser and Yuliya Ilchuk // Literary Hub, March 17, 2022.
- Halyna Kruk Pushkin, Dostoyevsky, and Tolstoy are as shields for Putin’s army. Translated by Lola Caracas // AGNE: Dispatches from Ukraine, March 4, 2022.
Halyna Kruk was born in 1974 in Lviv, Ukraine. She is a poet and prose writer, translator, and scholar from Ukraine. She holds a PhD in Ukrainian Literature and is currently researching in Ukrainian baroque literature. Kruk is the author of five books of poetry, An Adult Woman (2017), Co(an)existence (2013), The Face beyond the Photograph (2005), Footprints on Sand and Journeys in Search of a Home (both 1997), collection of short stories Anyone but me (2021), and four books for children. In 2003 she won the Step by Step international competition for children’s books. Her Marko Travels Around the World and The Littlest One have been translated into 15 languages. Her works have been translated into more than twenty languages and published in various poetry collections, magazines and anthologies in many countries, including the U.S., Poland, Lithuania, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Czech Republic, Italy, Estonia, Norway, Colombia, and China. In 2017-2019 she was a vice-president of the Ukrainian PEN. She lives in Lviv and teaches European and Ukrainian baroque literature at the Ivan Franko National University in Lviv.
Halyna Kruk participated in numerous literary festivals in Ukraine and abroad. She is a co-creator of multimedia projects, including:
A project The BookWar based on poems from her book The BookWar, in collaboration with electronical musician Yurko Yefremov, and ethnic singer Halyna Breslavets (2021);
The Resistance of Matter, a poetry and music project based on her poems, with electronical musician Yurko Yefremov (it was performed 2016).
She is a winner of numerous literary awards in Ukraine, among them Best Book Award of BookForum 2021, Smoloskyp Poetry Award, Bohdan Ihor Antonych Prize and “Hranoslov” Award.
Page with teachers schedule not found!