Scientific degree: Doctor of Philological Sciences
Academic status: Professor
Phone (office): (032) 2394756
Google Scholar profile: scholar.google.com.ua
Профіль ORCID: orcid.org
Профіль у Scopus: www.google.com
Профіль у Copernicus: www.google.com
- Theory and philosophy of language
- Communicative linguistics
- Semantics and pragmatics of live language
- Linguistic narratology
- Linguistic theory of genres of speech
- Theory of text and discourse
- Functional-Reflective Analysis of Lexis: theoretical and practical aspects (as evidenced by Russian verbs). – Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv University Publishing House, 1993. – 170 p.
- Essays on Functional Lexicology. – Lviv: Svit, 1997. – 391 p. (co-authored with T. A. Kosmeda).
- Basics of Communicative Deviatology. – Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv University Publishing House, 2000. – 236 p.
- Essays on Communicative Linguistics. – Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv University Publishing House, 2003. – 281 p.
- Linguistic Theory of Genres of Speech: problems and perspectives. – Lviv: PAIS, 2005. – 264 p.
- Spiritual Synergy of the Native Language. Linguistic Essays. – К.: Academia, 2009. — 192 p.
- Essays on Linguistic Pragmatics. – Lviv: PAIS, 2010. – 336 p.
- Particles of the Ukrainian Language as Discursive Words. – Lviv: PAIS, 2014. – 288 p.
- Linguistic Personality in Family Communication: lexical-semantic dimensions. – Lviv:PAIS, 2014. – 182 h. (co-authored with V.Chernukha).
- Linguistic-Communicative and Rhetorical-Pragmatic Dimensions of the Artistic Text (as evidenced by Ivan Franko’s novel “Crossing Paths”). – Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv University Publishing House, 2016. – 204 p.
- Ukrainian Bizarre Artistic Text: linguistic dimensions. – Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv University Publishing House, 2018. – 336 p.
- Communicative Personality in Family Communication. – Lviv: PAIS, 2018. – 260 p. (co-authored with V.Chernukha).
- Essays on Text Theory: monograph. – Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv University Publishing House, 2019. – 280 p.
- Linguistic-Narrative Aspects of the Witnesses’ Stories about the Holodomor in 1932-1933. – Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv University Publishing House, 2022. – 144 p.
Textbooks and study guides
- Functional-Reflective Study of Verbs (as evidenced by Russian verbs): Study guide for the special course. – Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv University Publishing House, 1992. – 71 p.
- Basics of Communicative Linguistics: textbook. – К.: Academia, 2004. – 344 p. (Alma mater). 2nd edition К., 2009.
- Introduction to the Linguistic Theory of Genres of Speech: study guide. – К.: Academia. – 2006. – 248 p. (Alma mater).
- Philosophy of Language. History of Linguistic and Philosophical Studies: textbook. – К.: Academia, 2008. – 240 p.
- Introduction to Linguistic Pragmatics: textbook. – К.: Academia, 2011. – 304 p. – (Alma mater).
- Text Linguistics: textbook. – Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv University Publishing House, 2016. – 316 p. (co-authored with І.М.Коchаn).
- Text Linguistics: textbook. Changed and supplemented edition. – Lviv: Ivan Franko LvivUniversity Publishing House, 2022. – 326 с. (co-authored with І.М.Коchаn).
- Dictionary of Terms of Intercultural Communication. – Kyiv: “Dovira”, 2007. – 205 p.
- Ukrainian-Russian Dictionary of Terms of Intercultural Communication. – Saky: Enterprise “Phoenix”, 2011. – 284 p. (co-authored with H. Yu.Bohdanovych).
- S. Batsevych is the scientific advisor and consultant of 14 PhD and 3 Doctoral theses, in particular:
- Sazonova Ya. Yu. The Phenomenon of Fear in Horror Texts of Ukrainian and English-language Lingual Cultures: Pragmatics of Sense Creation.
Doctor of Philology thesis (specialty 10.02.15 “General Linguistics”; specialty 10.02.01“The Ukrainian Language”) – H. S. Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University, Kharkiv, 2019; Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University, Kyiv, 2019.
- Dyakiv Kh. The Сognitive and Discursive Reconstruction of Communicative Deviations in Ukrainian and German Video Interviews.
Doctor of Philology thesis (specialty 10.02.17 “Comparative, Historical and Typological Linguistics”) – National Pedagogical Dragomanov University, Kyiv, 2020.
- Buk S. Corpus Lexіcographіc and Lіnguіstіc Statіstіcal Dіmensіons of Іvan Franko’s Long Prose Fіctіon: vocabulary and text.
Doctor of Philology thesis (specіalty 10.02.01 – “The Ukraіnіan Language”) – Taras Shevchenko Kyіv Natіonal Unіversіty. Kyіv, 2021.
Batsevych F. S. was born in the family of a worker and a teacher in Letychiv, a small town inKhmelnytsky region, on May 4, 1949.
In 1966, he finished Letychiv Secondary School № 1. Later, he worked in Kharkiv Launching and Commissioning Department of Meat and Dairy Processing Industry, Letychiv Dairy Plant, served inthe army for two years.
Since September of 1972 F. S. Batsevych’ life and work has been connected with Ivan FrankoLviv State (now National) University. When a student, he was a named scholarship holder of the university. In 1977, F. S. Batsevych graduated with honors from the Philological Faculty, where hewas taught by professors Ivan Hrytsutenko, Iraida Halenko, Yulia Bolshova, Teodoziy Vodny, Ivan Denisyuk, Andriy Skots, Iryna Oshchypko and other famous philologists and educationalists. At the university, he made his way from a laboratory assistant and graduate student of the Department of General Linguistics to its head, having defended his candidate’s thesis in 1980, and in 1995 – his doctoral thesis on the problems of semasiology and onomasiology of verbal vocabulary. Since 2001, he has been a professor at the Department of General Linguistics, which he has been managing since 1993. Since September 2012, he has been an Honored Professor at Ivan Franko Lviv National University. In 2009, he was awarded the “Petro Mohyla” badge of the Ministry of Education of Ukraine. In 2020, by the Decree of the President of Ukraine, he was awarded the title “Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine”.
During his work at the university, he published more than 400 scientific works, including 11 monographs, 5 textbooks with the authorization signed by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, and 2 dictionaries of intercultural communication terms. The name of Prof. F. Batsevych associates with the study of a number of problems of general linguistics, philosophy of language, theoretical semantics, cognitive and communicative linguistics, and recently – linguistic pragmatics, text and discourse theory. Among his most famous works are the monographs “Basics of Functional Lexicology”, “Essays on Communicative Linguistics”, “Basics of Communicative Deviatology”,“Linguistic Theory of Genres of Speech: problems and prospects”, “Spiritual Synergy of the Native Language. Linguistic-philosophical Essays”, “Particles of the Ukrainian language as Discursive Words”, “Linguistic Identity in Family Communication: lexical-semantic dimensions” (co-authored), “Lingual-communicative and Rhetorical-pragmatic Dimensions of the Artistic Text (as evidenced byIvan Franko’s novel “Crossroads”)”, “Essays on Linguistic Pragmatics”, “Essays on Text Theory”. Issued by Prof. F. Batsevych textbooks “Fundamentals of Communicative Linguistics” (two editions), “Introduction to Linguistic Theory of Genres of Speech”, “Basics of Linguistic Pragmatics”, “Philosophy of Language. History of Linguistic Philosophical Studies”, “Text Linguistics” (co-authored) received recognition in Ukraine and abroad. Prof. F. Batsevych’ works were published in various publishing houses of Ukraine, Bulgaria, Germany, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Hungary, and the Czech Republic.
Prof. F. Batsevych is a member of the editorial boards of 7 periodical and non-periodical journalsin the field of linguistics, in particular the academic journal “Movoznavstvo” [“Linguistics”] and “Slavia Orientalis”, which is covered in the Scopus database. For more than 10 years, F. Batsevychwas a member of four specialized dissertation defense boards. For five years, he was a member of the Expert Council of the Higher Attestation Сommission of Ukraine. He has acted as an official opponent during the defense of more than 20 doctoral and candidate theses.
Prof. F. S. Batsevych has consulted 3 doctors and guided 14 candidates of sciences in general, comparative-historical and typological linguistics, and the Ukrainian language. Prof. F. S. Batsevych organized and held 5 scientific conferences of the international, all-Ukrainian and regional levels, participated in the work of more than 50 conferences of various levels in Ukraine and abroad.
Prof. F.S. Batsevych pays considerable attention to teaching, reading major and special courses of the department, including “General Linguistics”, “Philosophy of Language”, “Communicative Linguistics”, “Linguistic Pragmatics”, “Methodology and Methods of Modern Linguistic Research”and others at the Philological, Philosophical Faculties and the Faculty of Foreign Languages of Ivan Franko LNU. Since 2018, he has been teaching the course “Actual problems of modern philology” for postgraduate students of the Philological Faculty and the Faculty of Foreign Languages. As a guest professor, he taught a number of linguistic disciplines at universities in Poland (Katowice, Zielona Góra) and Ukraine (Kyiv, Odesa, Kharkiv, Zhytomyr). For many years, he has maintained close ties with the P. Tychyna Uman Pedagogical University, giving lectures for students and conducting scientific seminars for university teachers.
- In 2009, he was awarded the “Petro Mohyla” badge of the Ministry of Science and Education of Ukraine.
- In 2020, by the Decree of the President of Ukraine, he was awarded the honorary title “Honored Worker of Science and Technology of Ukraine”.
In 2021, on the occasion of LNU 360th Anniversary, he was awarded a certificate of the Lviv Regional Council.
In 2012, he was awarded the title “Honored Professor of Ivan Franko Lviv National University”.
In 2020, he was elected an academician (full member) of the Academy of Sciences of the Higher School of Ukraine.
Page with teachers schedule not found!