Position: Professor, The Ukrainian Literature Department named after academician Mykhailo Vozniak
Scientific degree: Doctor of Philological Sciences
Academic status: Professor
Phone (office): 0322394190
Researches Ukrainian drama, Ukrainian literature of the 1920s-1950s.
Key words: Ukrainian drama, national element, сustoms, traditions, moral and ethicals ideals, novel, image-character.
- Pratsovytyi V. The Ukrainian National Character in Mykola Kulish’s Drama. Lviv: Svit, 1998. 184 p.
- Pratsovytyi V. The National Character in Ukrainian Drama of the 1920s and 30s. Lviv: Liga-Press, 1999. 282 p.
- Pratsovytyi V. Ukrainian Drama of the 1920s and 30s. Genre Modifications. Lviv: Liga-Press, 2001. 132 p.
- Pratsovytyi V. Ukrainian Historical Drama. Lviv: Liga-Press, 2002. 174 pgs
- Pratsovytyi V. The Ukrainian National Character in Ukrainian Drama. 2nd, supplemented edition. Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv National University Publishing Center, 2004. 300 p.
- Pratsovytyi V. National Individuality in the Drama of Ivan Franko. Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv National University Publishing Center, 2006. 192 p.
- Pratsovytyi V. Drama as a Genre Type (Mykola Kulish’s “97”). Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv National University Publishing Center, 2007. 28 p.
- Pratsovytyi V. Genre and Stylistic Features of a Comedy (Mykola Kulish’s “Myna Mazaylo”). Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv National University Publishing Center, 2007. 36 p.
- Pratsovytyi V. Tragedy: A Higher Form of Drama (Mykola Kulish’s “Pathetic Sonata”) Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv National University Publishing Center, 2007. 54 p.
- Pratsovytyy V. Ukrainian Historical Drama: A Handbook. Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv National University Publishing Center, 2009. 21 p.
- Pratsovytyi V. The Mosaics of National and Cultural Identity in Ukrainian Literature: Learning and Methodological Handbook. Lviv: Rastr-7, 2014. 400 p.
- Pratsovytyi V. The Mosaics of National and Cultural Identity in Ukrainian Literature: Learning and Methodological Handbook. 2nd, supplemented edition. Lviv: Rastr-7, 2016. 488 p.
- Pratsovytyi V. Reality and Surreality in Uriy Kosach’s Tragedy “About Uriy the Dragonslayer” // Scientific Notes. Category: Literary Studies. Ternopil: The Ternopil National Pedagogical University, 2013. Edition 38. pp. 104-120.
- Pratsovytyi V. The Aesthetic Function of Chronotope in Ivan Franko’s Tragedy “Stolen Happiness” by Ivan Franko // Ukrainian literary studies. 2014. Edition 78. pp. 60-68.
- Pratsovytyi V. The phenomenality of the drama “Nazar Stodol” by Taras Shevchenko //Scientific Notes. Series: Literary studies. Ternopil 2014. Issue 40. pp. 168-187.
- Pratsovytyi Recreation of the deep element of the Ukrainian soul in the novel “What the fire does not heal” by Ulas Samchuk // Proceedings. Series: Literary studies. Ternopil: TNPU, 2015. Issue 42. pp. 3-14.
- Pratsovytyi The concept of the world structure in the novel “The Yellow Prince” By Vasyl Barka // Scientific Notes. Series: Literary studies. Ternopil: TNPU, Issue 43. pp. 20-39.
- Pratsovytyi The moral and ethical dimension of the characters in the small tragedy “Did she loose her mind? ” by Ivan Franko // Ukrainian literary studies. Lviv, 2015. Issue 79. pp. 19-25.
- Pratsovytyi Nation-building motifs in the poetry of Yevhen Malaniuk // Yevhen Malaniuk: “… His figure is clothed in bronze over the years…”: a collection of scientific papers. Lviv: Ivan Franko National University. 2018. pp. 218-229.
- Pratsovytyi National and cultural identity of Ukrainian literature // Dyvoslovo. 2018. No. 4. pp. 31-36.
- Pratsovytyi V. The idea of national self-awareness in the drama “Teacher” by Ivan Franko // Ivan Franko: “I am a prologue…”. Materials of the International scientific congress for the 160th anniversary of the birth of Ivan Franko (Lviv, 22-24 September 2016): In 2 volumes. Lviv: Ivan Franko Lviv National University, 2019. Volume 1. pp. 739-758.
- Pratsovytyi V. The concept of national literature as an aesthetic basis of the Artistic Ukrainian Movement (MUR) // Ukrainian Literary Studies. Lviv, 2020. Issue 85. pp. 109-116.
Volodymyr Pratsovytyi was born on July 15th, 1949 in the village Bakivtsi in Zhydachiv area, Lviv Region. In 1975, he graduated from the Ukrainian Department of the Philological Faculty of Ivan Franko Lviv State University.
In 1987, he defended his PhD thesis “The Works of Mykola Zarudnyy and Their Place in Soviet Drama” (supervisor: Leonila Mischenko, doctor of Philology, professor).
In 2004, he defended his doctoral dissertation “The Problem of the National Character in Ukrainian Drama of the 1920s and 30s” (supervisor: Uriy Kovaliv, doctor of Philology, professor of Taras Shevchenko Kyiv National University).
Volodymyr Pratsovytyi has been working at his alma mater since 1975 in positions of senior lab assistant, assistant professor, docent; and since 2007 he works as a professor at the Ukrainian Literature Department named after academician Mykhailo Vozniak of the Philology Faculty.
He teaches courses “The History of Ukrainian Literature of the 1940s and 50s” and “Literary Groups and Categories in the interwar Period”.
In 2011, Volodymyr Pratsovytyi received the academic title of professor of the Ukrainian Literature Department.
In the area of literary studies, he has published over a hundred works.
He also works in drama. He is the author of the dramas “Gusts of Spring”, “The Final Debate of Professor Dobrenko”, “Farewell to Mother”, “Doctorate Dissertation”, “A Will for Descendants”, “Confession”, “Student Variations”, “Familiar Passions”, “Ivan Franko”, “The Last Love of Taras Shevchenko”, “Italian Dream”, and “The Professor’s Consultation”.
He was awarded a Certificate from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Page with teachers schedule not found!